Why use the NYTimes.com Pass to read The New York Times online?
- The NYTimes.com Pass provided by SDCC Library gives you unlimited full access to all content on the site. You won't have to pay for full access, and you won't be limited to 10 free articles per month like non-subscribers.
- Note: This is a browsing version of the newspaper; the library's Gale databases (OneFile: Health and Medicine, Health and Wellness, Opposing Viewpoints, U.S. History, World History) will let you search for specific topics in the New York Times with more focused search tools.
I already have a Times digital subscription, which gives me unlimited access to NYTimes.com. What should I do?
- If you have an existing digital subscription, you are not eligible to activate an NYTimes.com Pass. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your options.
What are the restrictions?
- To activate the NYTimes Pass you need to be a current San Diego City College student or employee and must use this link to get to the activation screen.
- After activation, you can access it anywhere.
Can I access The Times from off-campus?
- Yes, as long as you have already activated your NYTimes.com Pass using the appropriate link mentioned above.
Can I access The Times from my mobile device?
- All NYTimes.com Passes provide full access to NYT apps; visit nytimes.com/mobile to download.
- Pass holders can also access NYTimes.com and INYT.com on any device (computer, smartphone, or tablet) with a browser. Mobile apps are supported by most devices.
Why am I asked to log in on some occasions and not others?
- This may happen because your browser may clear its web cache/history if it is set to do so. In such cases you will need to log back into NYTimes.com, but you can still use your NYTimes.com Pass.