The SDCC Library offers all students and personnel of San Diego City College free access to the online version of The New York Times newspaper! With a NYTimes.com pass, you have full access to the extensive breaking news, world news, and multimedia of The New York Times without needing your own paid subscription.
Passes are valid until the student graduation date you input when you first signed up. For faculty and staff, they are valid for for one calendar year. After that you must get another pass. To do so, follow these instructions:
NYT Registration (Existing Users):
1. Log out of NYT on all applicable devices
2. Go to accessnyt.com and look up "San Diego City College"
3. Follow the instructions depending on physical location (if off campus, click the big blue GO button) :
4. On the NYT registration page, please click on "Already have an account account? Log in here" :
5. Input existing NYT login credentials (student/faculty status; email and password)
6. Click the Log In button
Why use the NYTimes.com Pass to read The New York Times online?
I already have a Times digital subscription, which gives me unlimited access to NYTimes.com. What should I do?
What are the restrictions?
Can I access The Times from off-campus?
Can I access The Times from my mobile device?
Why am I asked to log in on some occasions and not others?